Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Video
This is short, entertaining, and illustrative of the differences between tournament-level athletic kicks simple, brutal, effective kicks:

Function vs. Form

Let me know what you think.
Martial Arts done well leads to a more virtuous life because everyone is fighting something.

"If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light.  But if your eye is evil, even the light that is within you will be darkness.  If the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that darkness?"  (Jesus of Nazareth)
It certainly makes a good point. A little overly simplistic and broad stroke, but point made nonetheless.
It is simplistic and paints with a broad brush. I am also highly suspicious that it was choreographed since no punches were thrown. But I think it does make a point. And I am a taekwondo guy who trained for a lot of high kicks.
Martial Arts done well leads to a more virtuous life because everyone is fighting something.

"If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light.  But if your eye is evil, even the light that is within you will be darkness.  If the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that darkness?"  (Jesus of Nazareth)
Looking from a purely SD viewpoint, the kicker should have been nullified after the first kick attempt. Allowing multiple kicks to be thrown is only asking for "Murphy's Law" (anything that can go wrong, will go wrong) to surface. So under that assessment, this was a choreographed demo. That being said, it does offer a venue for simplistic and effective counter, which again, from a SD viewpoint, is imperative for successful defenses.