Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapons
What type or modern or martial arts weapons do you regularly train with?

What type of weapon (if any) do you normally carry on a daily basis?

What type of improvised weapon(s) do you normally train with?
Two thousand years ago wise men sought Christ, wise men still do.

Techniques are situational, principles are universal.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

He who gets there first with the most...wins!

Minimal force may not be minimum force!

We don't rise to the occasion...we sink to the level of our training.

1.  Bo Staff, because free training was offered.

2.  Small, tactical folder knife.

3.  Short stick (korean Joong Bong)
Martial Arts done well leads to a more virtuous life because everyone is fighting something.

"If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light.  But if your eye is evil, even the light that is within you will be darkness.  If the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that darkness?"  (Jesus of Nazareth)
(07-19-2016, 08:46 PM)Kong Soo Do Wrote: What type or modern or martial arts weapons do you regularly train with?

I've carried off duty for about a quarter of a century.  I teach revolver, semi-auto and shotgun.  Also train with edged weapons and baton.

Quote:What type of weapon (if any) do you normally carry on a daily basis?

Usually I carry the Glock 19 9mm but lately I've been carrying the Taurus PT111 G2 in 9mm as it's a bit smaller and I'm only giving up three rounds.  Taurus has been around since 1941 and has gone through several owners and up and down QC.  But the last couple of years they've really stepped up with the quality of their firearms.  And of course they have a lifetime warranty.  

And if you haven't fired a High Point carbine then go get one and put some rounds down range.  HP doesn't have the best/most favorable reputation on pistols, but the carbines (rifles that use handgun rounds like .380, 9mm, .40 S&W and .45acp) are reliable and fun to shoot.  And very affordable.  

I also carry a Cold Steel folding Tanto both as a defensive tool but also as a rescue tool i.e. cutting seat belts etc.  

Also carry a kubaton on my keychain.  You can buy a kubaton off Ebay for under $2 and it's a great defensive tool.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

2 knives are carried everywhere I go. I also carry a 12inch collapsible baton and either a Kel-Tec P-11, or Glock 26. Train in edged weapon and impact weapon.
What knives do you carry?

Custom made sheath for my black walnut handle steak knife..............never know when your going to be confronted by that porter house......... Tongue
(08-09-2016, 01:57 PM)Kong Soo Do Wrote: What knives do you carry?

Benchmade and Kershaw folders
Always a student, sometimes a teacher