Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practical TKD applications
It's a mixed bag for sure. But, remember, it's a demo. Flash is a modern prerequisite.

Hopefully the actual curriculum is more practical overall....

Two thousand years ago wise men sought Christ, wise men still do.

Techniques are situational, principles are universal.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

He who gets there first with the most...wins!

Minimal force may not be minimum force!

We don't rise to the occasion...we sink to the level of our training.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

Nice applications. Do San is one of the forms I teach. I particularly like the spear, which can be repeated multiple times as "suppressing fire" that keeps driving your opponent's defense down while you strike into their center line.
Martial Arts done well leads to a more virtuous life because everyone is fighting something.

"If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light.  But if your eye is evil, even the light that is within you will be darkness.  If the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that darkness?"  (Jesus of Nazareth)
I do have to question the viability and practicality of the spear hand to even a soft body target such as the abdomen in actual combat though.  One would have to do serious hard body conditioning to the hands in order to prevent self-injury.  Something no commonly practiced in TKD.

I agree.  I would almost never spear-hand anyone.  But the basic motion is effective even as a vertical punch.
Martial Arts done well leads to a more virtuous life because everyone is fighting something.

"If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light.  But if your eye is evil, even the light that is within you will be darkness.  If the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that darkness?"  (Jesus of Nazareth)