Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinte Two Finger Spear Hands (Nihon Nukite)
Video 

Two thousand years ago wise men sought Christ, wise men still do.

Techniques are situational, principles are universal.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

He who gets there first with the most...wins!

Minimal force may not be minimum force!

We don't rise to the occasion...we sink to the level of our training.

I realize that this is an informational - seminar offering of a specific technique, but IMO it has several aspects that are not really conducive for it to work. Now it may just be me in my old age, but I look at for the easiest and most overall effective techniques that can be done by anyone in a SD mode. Facing a larger attacker that has given up both his hands and left himself wide open in other areas is like winning the lottery. Why attempt to strike when you most likely can't get enough power or leverage because you have to first go up and over. Secondly, attempting to use fingers into a fairly small target is asking for something to go wrong and you will lose the opportunity to do harm and get away. You most likely will probably have a broken finger and take yourself out of the situation and you did it to yourself. I just have a hard time dealing in things that have a poor chance of success and will place you in a much more difficult position.
Some of it may have to do with overall finger conditioning.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

It would take a considerable amount of specialized conditioning and it's highly doubtful that the average person that's training wants or needs to go that indepth for a not so safe or useful technique.
Agreed.  This may be a scenario where such hand conditioning was the norm at the time the movement was introduced but not in today's world.  For example, we know that several Okinawan styles really go in-depth with hard body conditioning and that was probably seen as a badge of honor so-to-speak.  But if you work with your hands then you'd want to stay far away from such things.