Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motivation's bodybuilding log
I love your log it is detailed and shows a lot of work. Im just curious what are your goals because you must be getting into great endurance shape but I see your not planning days set aside just for heavy lifting and low reps. It has been my experience that if you want to grow you need to alternate your lifting weeks, for example one week continue to do what you have shown above in your logs than change the next week to the same areas but do heavy weight less reps. On heavy days the rule generaly is if your doing more than 12 reps of a certain weight then its just to light for your body and you need to go up in weight. The reason heavy weeks and light weeks for lifting works the best is your training two different types of muscle fibers. on high rep weeks you train the fast twitching muscle fibers plus you work on muscle endurance and cardiovascular all at the same time however on heavy weeks you shock the body and train the slow twitching muscle fibers that help and strength and muscle building. I train with all kinds of people older and young body builders or just cross fit guys. what your doing is great however the body has a weird way of adapting and at one point many people get mad at themselves because they feel they are not really making progress anymore. switch confuses the body and keeps the body from adapting as easily. In the future if you get stuck try switching weeks heavy then endurance light days it works well. Their than that keep up the great job and you numbers are impressive.
Back and biceps:

Seated row 90lbs - 10,10,10
W.G. pull downs 90lbs - 8,8,8
R.G. pull downs 90lbs - 8,8,8
DB curls 25lbs - 8

Took it easy to ease my L. elbow back into the routine.
Body building isn't everything...its just that being small, weak and puny really sucks!

Remember somewhere out there a little Chinese girl is warming up with your max!

Someday isn't a friggin day of the week

(06-22-2017, 02:42 PM)d_spencer Wrote: I love your log it is detailed and shows a lot of work. Im just curious what are your goals because you must be getting into great endurance shape but I see your not planning days set aside just for heavy lifting and low reps. It has been my experience that if you want to grow you need to alternate your lifting weeks, for example one week continue to do what you have shown above in your logs than change the next week to the same areas but do heavy weight less reps. On heavy days the rule generaly is if your doing more than 12 reps of a certain weight then its just to light for your body and you need to go up in weight. The reason heavy weeks and light weeks for lifting works the best is your training two different types of muscle fibers. on high rep weeks you train the fast twitching muscle fibers plus you work on muscle endurance and cardiovascular all at the same time however on heavy weeks you shock the body and train the slow twitching muscle fibers that help and strength and muscle building.  I train with all kinds of people older and young body builders or just cross fit guys. what your doing is great however the body has a weird way of adapting and at one point many people get mad at themselves because they feel they are not really making progress anymore. switch confuses the body and keeps the body from adapting as easily. In the future if you get stuck try switching weeks heavy then endurance light days it works well. Their than that keep up the great job and you numbers are impressive.

Thank you.

I use to do Stronglifts 5X5 and GVT amoung other routines.  Right now I'm concentrating on getting back into everything 100%.  Biggest obstacle is getting back consistent again.   Smile
Body building isn't everything...its just that being small, weak and puny really sucks!

I understand and keep up the hard work it looks like you are doing well. routines is the hardest part but it looks like you have no problem with that. stay motivated and I wish you the best.
Chest & triceps:

Push ups - 12,12,12,12,12

BW squats - 12,12,12,12,12

DB french curl 25lbs - 10,10,10

Triceps press down 40lbs - 8,8,8

Cable cross-over punch 2red - 10

Forgot to log yesterday

Back & biceps:

Seated rows 100lbs - 10,10,10
WG rows 100lbs - 8,5
RG rows 100lbs - 8,5

Chest & triceps:

Push ups - 15,15,15,14,15
French DB curls 28lbs - 9,8
Triceps press down 50lbs - 8,8

Shoulders, biceps, abs & legs:

BW squats - 15,15,15,15,15

DB upright row 23lbs - 8,8,8
Arnold DB press 23lbs  8,8,8

Side lateral raises 13lbs - 8,8
Bent-over side lateral raises 13lbs - 8,8
Front raises 13lbs - 8,8

DB curls 23lbs - 8,8
Hammer curls 23lbs - 8,8

Floor crunches - 20,20

Chest & triceps:

Push ups - 15,15
DB bench press 53lbs - 5,5,5,5,5
Cable cross-over punch 2 red - 10
Cable fly 2 red - 10

French DB press 25lbs - 8,10,10
Triceps press down 50lbs - 8,8

After a hiatus...

Push ups - 50
Horizontal triceps cable press 2R - 10,10,10