Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is Master Ray
Huh
(03-16-2017, 05:19 PM)sidekick Wrote: Huh

You haven't seen him lately?
Two thousand years ago wise men sought Christ, wise men still do.

Techniques are situational, principles are universal.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

He who gets there first with the most...wins!

Minimal force may not be minimum force!

We don't rise to the occasion...we sink to the level of our training.

Haven't seen or heard from him since his school bought him out and moved. That's been over a year now. Just hoping that he still visits the forum now and then.
He hasn't posted here since the end of October of last year.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

Hey I am still around just been in a lurk mode in a lot of chat rooms and groups.
It has been about a year since I left the school. When the senior instructor / co-owner loses
( be deprived of, suffer the loss of; no longer have ) the respect of the junior black belts and will only listen to a co-owner(dad) who has no rank at all but all parents/students call him master, I knew it was time to leave. I walked away …..... over 95% of all training equipment I brought into the school …. I walked away..... I thought it was best to take some time off after 40 years in the martial arts and for the last 20 years teaching. Took a vacation that did not involved martial arts … first time in 25 years.
I am still in the martial arts, I travel around to a few schools to say hi and as a guest instructor sometimes, about every 2 months or so I travel to Enid, OK to teach a Hapkido seminar. For the last 3 years I have been training in Sayco Kali and even have trained with a few Dan Inosanto instructors.
I still go to some of the tournaments to see and talk to other instructors and even placed a few times in the Hapkido SD Division. I have 3 students I still teach private lessons but most of the time that is a hit and miss.
The time off has been great but I do miss teaching and I have the teaching bug again.
Do Not Want To Start A New School with OVERHEAD.............
Starting to look around for something like at a rec. center or dance studio …. someplace where I can just rent the floor space for a couple of hours a week.
Over the past year I have been getting equipment here and there but also my last couple of schools I jumped in too quick and for now I am taking my time and maybe being too slowly but I want it to feel right........... Got a small group in Chicago that wants me to go there this spring to teach a seminar so working on that.
Glad to see you back on the board, don't be a stranger Wink

I am sorry for your loss. You were right to walk away. Dojo politics wither the soul and are all too common in martial arts.
Martial Arts done well leads to a more virtuous life because everyone is fighting something.

"If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light.  But if your eye is evil, even the light that is within you will be darkness.  If the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that darkness?"  (Jesus of Nazareth)
Well, make the board your new martial home and seek to build a following here with new students and networked associates!

(03-29-2017, 12:58 PM)Kong Soo Do Karate Wrote: Well, make the board your new martial home and seek to build a following here with new students and networked associates!

For a while this year Master Ray was training me in my back yard. Not quite having an official school, but there was still good discussion and learning.