Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women's Self Defense Course
I always love teaching women self defense, because it can really be rewarding. I'll never forget the time a women raised her hand in one of my seminars and she said to me "I'm not a violent person and I don't think I could do some of these striking moves to another person", she had it in her head no matter even if she was being attacked and her life was threatened she did not believe she could defend her self by striking another person. so I changed her thinking, I asked her if she was a mother and she said yes then I asked her if somebody was attacking your child would you fight them off? Her whole body chemistry changed and she said "Yes I would die for my kids" I then told her she was worth defending and if you don't think you can do something then you need to then change your mindset. It worked for her and she got a lot out of the seminar. Im happy your touching on a whole range of self defense awareness topics and experiences for these ladies and educating them will make a difference. I wish you good luck and have fun doing it.
Had the same experience many years ago in a woman's SD class.  It helps to put things into perspective for them so that the have the correct mind set during training.  Otherwise, it's just a waste of time for them.

The best defense against an evil man is a good man (woman) with a violent skill set.
Two thousand years ago wise men sought Christ, wise men still do.

Techniques are situational, principles are universal.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

He who gets there first with the most...wins!

Minimal force may not be minimum force!

We don't rise to the occasion...we sink to the level of our training.

Updating this thread:

I started that course last Monday and have had two classes so far.  There will be a total of 6 classes.  We are covering quite a bit of material;  firearms, less-than-lethal weapons, improvised weapons (such as kubaton and flashlights), as well as hands on (a combination of WWII combatives, SPEAR and Boatman edged weapon defense).  Also covering preventative subject such as home defense and travel defense.

Started with 6 woman but it's now grown to 7 woman and 1 man with another man joining next week.  Every is having a great time!

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

Thanks for the update!
Martial Arts done well leads to a more virtuous life because everyone is fighting something.

"If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light.  But if your eye is evil, even the light that is within you will be darkness.  If the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that darkness?"  (Jesus of Nazareth)
(10-21-2017, 01:17 PM)Kong Soo Do Karate Wrote: Updating this thread:

I started that course last Monday and have had two classes so far.  There will be a total of 6 classes.  We are covering quite a bit of material;  firearms, less-than-lethal weapons, improvised weapons (such as kubaton and flashlights), as well as hands on (a combination of WWII combatives, SPEAR and Boatman edged weapon defense).  Also covering preventative subject such as home defense and travel defense.

Started with 6 woman but it's now grown to 7 woman and 1 man with another man joining next week.  Every is having a great time!

I think their going to walk away becoming ninja's. awesome work and I'm happy you are giving so much of your time and experience to these men and women. have fun  Wink
Well everyone said they thoroughly enjoyed themselves and learned a lot.  A couple said they'd like to repeat the class with family when I start the next one (after the Holidays probably).  I signed off on about eight CCW permits so they can now get they concealed carry license.  All said and done it was between 12-15 hours long.