Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction thread - intro yourself
Star 
Began my interest in the martial arts back in 1975.  I've been blessed to study under some exceptional instructors in various martial arts, defensive tactics and combatives.  My bio is in my profile.

I teach Kong Soo Do Karate in west central Florida. 

I teach in-service firearms and defensive tactics to fellow Deputies in my agency where I've been blessed to be a Deputy for 24 years now.  Former Air Force where I served overseas back in the 80's. 

I enjoy discussing all aspects of the martial arts with folks particularly kata application (bunkai) and self-defense.

I run both this forum and a forum on Survival & Emergency Preparedness Smile
Two thousand years ago wise men sought Christ, wise men still do.

Techniques are situational, principles are universal.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

He who gets there first with the most...wins!

Minimal force may not be minimum force!

We don't rise to the occasion...we sink to the level of our training.

Began Martial Arts Training in 1971. Hold belts in Taekwondo,Kenpo, and Kong Soo Do.
35 year law enforcement officer including being a certified defensive tactics and handgun instructor.
I am in the weightroom on Mondays and Wednesdays . I keep track of the various exercises I do so that I am doing different things every time ; different bars , different grips , sets and reps, etc . Mondays are chest and triceps , Wednesdays are back , biceps , and shoulders .

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my cardio days . On Tuesday nights I run and do stadiums ( stairclimbing ) , four miles and 600 steps . It usually takes about 45 minutes , longer when it's really hot or cold .

Thursday nights I ride a hybrid mountain bike for about an hour or so . I live very close to a great riding trail . I did 16.3 miles this past Thursday .

I also play at least 18 holes of disc golf every Saturday .

I like being active and staying in shape .
STAY HARD
Glad to have you on the board, thanks for coming over.  Smile
Body building isn't everything...its just that being small, weak and puny really sucks!

Remember somewhere out there a little Chinese girl is warming up with your max!

Someday isn't a friggin day of the week

Began training in 1987 in TaeKwonDo. I hold Dan level rankings in TaeKwonDo, HapKiDo, and TangSooDo. I have been with this board for some time now and thoroughly enjoy the exchanges with this crew.
Began training in 1985 in Tae Kwon Do.  Hold Dan level in Tae Kwon Do and Kong Doo Do.  I am also a member of the Tactical Hapkido Alliance, which I discovered through Jon Ferguson and this Board.

This group has given me a network.  Although I have met several wonderful and advanced martial artists who have helped me and continue to help me, IKSDA gave me a home.
Martial Arts done well leads to a more virtuous life because everyone is fighting something.

"If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light.  But if your eye is evil, even the light that is within you will be darkness.  If the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that darkness?"  (Jesus of Nazareth)
I started off boxing as a kid in the 1950s. Didn't really get into the martial arts until the 80s but really got heavily involved after retiring 15 years back. I have black belts in Okinawan Goju Karate, Aikido and Krav Maga and a keen interest in Systema. My passion is exploring the bunkai from the Goju kata, something which never ceases to amaze.
Welcome to everyone that has joined thus far.  Make the board your own Smile
Two thousand years ago wise men sought Christ, wise men still do.

Techniques are situational, principles are universal.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

He who gets there first with the most...wins!

Minimal force may not be minimum force!

We don't rise to the occasion...we sink to the level of our training.

I started with Wado Ryu karate more years back than I care to think about, then TSD and Mixed Martial Arts which I also coach, judge, promote, corner and ref, I am the first female in the UK (and possibly Europe) to ref professional and amateur fights both men's and women's. I also put up rings and cages, carry water and shepherd fighters so it's not all glamour lol.
My father taught me to box as a child something I needed when I went to school in Scotland and got bullied for being English among other things. I'm ex Forces having spent time in the Royal Air Force and carried on working in a different uniformed role in the Ministry of Defence for the last twenty or so years where I dealt with a fair amount of violence and fights often on my own.
I was introduced to Iain Abernethy's work some time ago and have since done as many seminars and other training with him as I can manage.
Hi everyone,
I began Yudo in 80, Hapkido in 85, and Tae Kwon Do in 93. I have several years of wrestling under my belt, no pun intended. I hold dan ranks in Hapkido, Yudo, Koryo Gumdo, and Tae Kwon Do. I am a combat disabled USMC vet. 92-97. I have always wanted to hang with other people who just wanted to have fun and no ego's so to speak. So here I am, and glad to be here. I am also attempting the wheel chair bodybuilding stuff.
Trust Jesus, treat everyone fairly, crush barriers.