Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction thread - intro yourself
(07-20-2016, 05:45 AM)marinevet63031 Wrote: Hi everyone,
I began Yudo in 80, Hapkido in 85, and Tae Kwon Do in 93.  I have several years of wrestling under my belt, no pun intended.  I hold dan ranks in Hapkido, Yudo, Koryo Gumdo, and Tae Kwon Do.  I am a combat disabled USMC vet. 92-97.  I have always wanted to hang with other people who just wanted to have fun and no ego's so to speak.  So here I am, and glad to be here.  I am also attempting the wheel chair bodybuilding stuff.

From one vet to another, welcome to the board bro!  Smile

You'll find several HKD and TKD folks on the board.  Yudo and Koryo Gumdo would be interesting to discuss.  And very cool on the body building thing!  I was into BB for about 7 years but then had a bit of heart surgery.  Found it tough to get back into it and stay consistent after that.  But I've been on vacation and got back into it so I've been posting again about it (I use the screen name of Motivation in that section).  Hopefully you'll find some info that is useful to you there in that section.  By all means, put up a log on your workouts.  And post about your workout program and such.  Maybe we can help each other out.

Again welcome to the board!  And I like your sig line  Wink
Two thousand years ago wise men sought Christ, wise men still do.

Techniques are situational, principles are universal.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

He who gets there first with the most...wins!

Minimal force may not be minimum force!

We don't rise to the occasion...we sink to the level of our training.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum I hold a First Dan in Tae Kwon Do. Looking to forward to talk to other TKD practitioners and learn whatever I can from everyone. I will as well contribute in any way I can.
Welcome to the board  Smile

What type of TKD do you train in?  WTF, ITF, Independent?  Is your focus on sport, self defense, fitness?

Lots of folks here in TKD for various reasons, feel free to jump in anywhere!

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

(08-29-2016, 01:05 PM)Kong Soo Do Wrote: Welcome to the board  Smile

What type of TKD do you train in?  WTF, ITF, Independent?  Is your focus on sport, self defense, fitness?

Lots of folks here in TKD for various reasons, feel free to jump in anywhere!

Independent, it is a hybrid between ITA,ATA, and my own instructor's philosophy. My focus is on all three.
Excellent.  You'll find quite a bit here that can be useful to you in both the self-defense and fitness area.  Those are my specialty. There are those here that also have a good sports background.  

If you're into realistic applications to forms you'll find a plethora of information in the forms section as well as in the karate section. And of course the self-defense section has very good information as well from a variety of sources.