Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why to you workout?
Question 
What's your motivation and goal(s).
Body building isn't everything...its just that being small, weak and puny really sucks!

Remember somewhere out there a little Chinese girl is warming up with your max!

Someday isn't a friggin day of the week

I have been a barber for 36 years . All of those hours spent bent over a chair , standing up most of the day , take a toll on you .
I train because I feel that if you are in better shape than your job requires , you won't feel the stress as much .
I also lead an active lifestyle . I like to run and bike , hike , paddle a SUP , play disc golf . I surf , water ski , and snow ski .
I can still do all of the activities I have always done . ( At 55 years old ) I have weighed 175 pounds since I was 18 .
I eat clean , work hard , and play hard .
I want to continue to be able to do whatever I want as long as I can .
That is why I train .

Besides , you never know when you will be tested .
STAY HARD
Back when I was turning 40 my son, who was around six, walked into the bathroom where I was standing in my shorts and no shirt because I was shaving.  He stood there looking at me with a Batman action figure in his hands.  He looked at his action figure and then at me and then asked me why I didn't look like his action figure.  At that moment I took a long, hard look at myself in the mirror and realized I'd let myself go.  Well, that was all I needed to make a commitment.  I bought a Gold's Gym bench from Walmart, a 300lbs Olympic bar set from Sports Authority and I started lifting.  As time went on I got a piece of equipment here and there, mostly at garage sales.  I built up a decent gym in my garage with a power rack w/pulley system for rows and pull downs, bench that inclines, T-bar, hex bar for dead lifting, multiple bars and fairly close to 1000lbs of weights. 

Lifted with a strong commitment for over seven years and the goal was a natural body building competition.  Just to have done it.  Got hit with a heart problem and had to have surgery a couple of years ago.  That took a lot of the wind out of my sails.  Lifted a bit here and there since then but never was able to get my motivation back fully. 

Until now. 

Just came off vacation where I got in some workouts.  Mainly body weight stuff to get back into it.  Decided that 'Someday is not a day of the week' and decided to get my butt back out into the garage and get it done.  So tomorrow I'm back into it.  I have an odd schedule so my plan is to do a 5-day split one week and a 2-day push/pull workout the next.  This will allow me to mix up the workouts so it stays fresh but also get plenty of recoup time.  I'm coming up on my 50th birthday in November so I'm going to stick to my goal of a natural bodybuilding competition.
Body building isn't everything...its just that being small, weak and puny really sucks!

Remember somewhere out there a little Chinese girl is warming up with your max!

Someday isn't a friggin day of the week