Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Needs
Last week we did our first ever Special Needs TKD camp.  We had about 7 total students, which apparently for the special needs community is a good turnout in our area.  It was amazing.  The students were so excited and marvelous.   Then there were the assistants.  Teenagers all, and ever one of them had patience, love, and compassion beyond measure.   They were marvelous.

I suppose to a degree I am gushing in appreciation for my students.  I am also gushing in encouragement that martial arts has so much potential for so much benefit to so many.    Feeling grateful my friends.
Specials Needs kids are often the most open and teachable. I think it is great that you did this camp. In the end, the "Do" side of what we teach meets a deeper need than the "jitsu" side.
Martial Arts done well leads to a more virtuous life because everyone is fighting something.

"If your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light.  But if your eye is evil, even the light that is within you will be darkness.  If the light that is within you is darkness, how great is that darkness?"  (Jesus of Nazareth)
Well done, that is great stuff
There is a group in one of the ITF's doing some great work with special needs students too
They have a website and even a book
http://www.snitf.org/
Very excellent.  And I'm sure that it meant a great deal to the students for others to take time and teach them.  If you have any pics please send them to me and I'll put them on the website!  Can be put on our soon-to-be-released FB page as well.
Two thousand years ago wise men sought Christ, wise men still do.

Techniques are situational, principles are universal.

Fast as the wind, quiet as the forest, aggressive as fire, and immovable as a mountain.

He who gets there first with the most...wins!

Minimal force may not be minimum force!

We don't rise to the occasion...we sink to the level of our training.

Thank you Sir. I'll try to remember to kick a few pics your way. I'm waiting see what other ones come out when one of the families gets back from vacation and should be emailing me some they took.